SEBIZOLE SHAMPOO should be applied to the wet scalp or other affected area(s), worked into a lather and left on for three to five minutes before rinsing thoroughly with water.
Treatment should be limited to twice weekly for no longer than four weeks for any episode of dandruff or seborrhoeic dermatitis. An interval with no treatment of at least four weeks should be allowed between consecutive courses.
SEBIZOLE is a medicated shampoo containing the active ingredient, 2% ketoconazole.
- Always read the label before using SEBIZOLE SHAMPOO. SEBIZOLE SHAMPOO should be used only as directed. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. If some shampoo gets into the eyes, immediately rinse it out with cold water.
- The use of large quantities of SEBIZOLE SHAMPOO should be avoided.
- If a reaction suggesting sensitivity or chemical irritation should occur, use of SEBIZOLE SHAMPOO should be discontinued.
- SEBIZOLE SHAMPOO should only be used in pregnant or lactating women if advised to do so by a doctor.
- In rare instances, mainly in people with chemically damaged hair or grey hair, a discolouration of the hair has been observed.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about SEBIZOLE SHAMPOO or dandruff or seborrhoeic dermatitis.